All rules and safety equipment as outlined in the general safety rules must be followed.
Classes will be run together as required, but scored individually. Ideally, we want to separate the 1000 cc classes and the 850 cc class, to allow those who own both an 850 CC UTV and an 1000 CC UTV to race in each class.
We will be following the International sxs plate color and number rules:
Pro production 1000 cc – blue plate yellow numbers – pro production 1000 is reserved for modified sxs with a displacement of up to 1000 cc that retain the basic factory configuration and full functioning 4 wheel drive.
Production 1000 cc – red plate white numbers – production 1000 is reserved for modified sxs with a displacement up to 1000 cc that retains the basic factory configuration and full functioning 4 wheel drive.
Production 850 cc – yellow plate with black numbers – production 850 is reserved for modified sxs with a displacement up to 850 cc that retain the basic factory configuration and a full functioning 4 wheel drive.
The following rules apply to all UTV classes (Please read the safety and general rules as well):
- All vehicles must pass technical inspection prior to going to starting line.
- No superchargers, turbos, nitrous or any other pressurization/injection type system will be allowed.
- All vehicles must have a fire extinguisher and it must be readily accessible to the driver. It must be mounted in with a quick release type mechanism.
- Race numbers will be a minimum of 6 inches tall, and CLEARLY visible to the tower. Number shall be readable from both sides of each car.
- Aftermarket well built roll cages made for racing are recommended. No factory stock roll cages will be allowed. Factory cages will only be allowed if modified/reinforced and tied into rear bumper/frame at two points. Gusseting of the factory cage is highly encouraged.
- Metal roof panels are required.
- Lockable side protection doors must be mounted in a way as to not be able to pop open during racing. Factory doors with secondary locking mechanism are approved.
- Brake/running rear light must be operational. Must have a flashing amber in the rear, that functions through out each race.
- Must have a working ignition kill switch with tether cord attached to wrist while racing.
- Driver side window nets are required.
- Passenger side nets or passenger hand restraints are required.
- Must have 5 point racing harnesses for both occupants.
- Full personal safety gear must be worn to include
- Fire retardant suits must be worn that cover from neck to ankles
- Helmets (Snell 2005 + or equivalent,) gloves, goggles racing shoes or boots.
- Motorcycle type race gear will NOT be allowed as it is extremely flammable.